What tools make you more productive? What do you need to take your personal time management skills to the next level? I have written a new article (for my project Focality) that lists and explains the various types of time management tools.
Here are the main categories that the article goes into:
- Task Managers: Organizing, planning, and scheduling of tasks.
- Focus Timers: Simple timers that you set to help you focus.
- Distraction Blockers: Tools to block unwanted inputs (notifications, certain websites, …) that would distract you from your task.
- Time Trackers: Measuring the time that you spend on activities to improve your planning.
- Calendars: Scheduling events and tasks.
- Habit Trackers: Track how consistent you are in performing recurring tasks and motivate you to stick to them.
- Self-Reflection Tools: Frequently take a step back, inspect your approach and find improvements.
What about you? What time management tools do you use? I’m always eager to know what productivity systems have been proven in practice. 😉 Let me know.
And if you feel that your personal time management tool is still lacking, take a look at the time management app that I created. It combines task management and self-reflection (and a bit of habit tracking) in one app.